If you have an access problem when logging in to gmail account (login, password), you need to carefully read the error message. It usually indicates what needs to be done and how to resolve this issue.
Maybe the problem is temporary, and you just have to come in a little later. Consider some causes and solutions to this problem.
Login or password entered incorrectly
What to do in this case?
- You need to check if Caps Lock is pressed.
- Switch the keyboard layout to English or another language (if it is not in the language in which the password was created).
- Disable a special program that automatically switches the keyboard layout (if it is installed and enabled).
- Type a login and password on the keyboard, not copy from the clipboard.
What to do if you forgot password
Specify a phone number in your account the easiest and safest way to protect. Google will not allow attackers to get into your account and will send you a confirmation code, even if you have already lost access to it. You can safely specify the mobile phone number: you will not receive unwanted SMS-mailing.
Resuscitate access to your Google account through phone.
If when you create a Gmail account you have specified the correct information in the required amount and if it is relevant to date, the password recovery will not take you much time. To do this, do the following:
- Through any browser available on the device with Android OS or computer, log on to the e-mail gmail.com and in the form of login and password, click on “Can’t access your account?”.
- After that, you need to select one of several options. Specify the first and enter the email address Gmail, access to which you need to restore.
- Next, enter the phone number that was selected when you activated your account. If you do not remember which phone is tied — the system shows the last two digits.
- After a while, this phone should receive an SMS with an access code. It should be entered in the next box.
After successful implementation of all points the window in which you will need to enter new key of access to Google account will appear.
You own a mobile phone physically, so this method of restoring access to your gmail account is safer than using an additional email address or secret questions.
If you want to sign in to gmail account through a third — party app (using apps on your mobile phone), but you see the error “wrong password” — what to do? Sometimes this happens even if the login and password data is entered correctly. Possible causes and solutions to this problem are listed below.
Your device or app does not support Google’s security standards
Here are examples of such applications:
- email client for your iPhone or iPad with an outdated OS;
- mail client for Windows phone version 8.1 or later;
- some are reinstalled in the phones mail clients (Google apps except);
- mail clients for computers, such as Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla.
To protect your data, the system may block these apps from accessing your account. In this case you have two ways:
- Install an application that supports the latest security standards. All services use the latest methods of information protection.
- If you want to continue using the application that is experiencing the problem, go to the Unverified applications page in system preferences and move the switch to The entrusted applications blocked line. It is not recommended using this option, as it jeopardizes the security of all your data.
An error occurred
If you receive an “error Occurred” message when you try to sign in, follow these steps:
- Try lowering your browser’s security and privacy settings.
- Add address mail.google.com to the list of allowed sites.
- Clear your browser cache and try logging in again.
The application does not support two-step authentication
Many apps are incompatible with two-step authentication (for example, mail clients for some phones on iOS and Windows platforms). To sign in to your Google account through these apps, you’ll need to create a special password.
Still, can’t log in to your account?
If you haven’t been able to regain access to your account and haven’t found answers to your questions in the Gmail help center — please contact customer support gmail accounts com.
If your account is blocked because you violated the rules of the service, you can restore access to the administrator console.